Posted to alt.home.repair
Shaun Eli Shaun Eli is offline

Default Driveway refinishing cure time?

I had my driveway redone-- they tore up the old driveway and put down
blacktop (presumably they put gravel underneath first but I wasn't
there to watch).

They finished on Monday afternoon and told me to wait three days before
driving on it. On Friday afternoon I parked on it (in NYC area this
month, and it rained hard on Tuesday).

Saturday after parking on the driveway a couple of times I noticed
indentations that seemed to be about the size of tire footprints. So
for the next couple of days I parked on it only at night, leaving the
car in the street during the hot daytime.

Was four days enough cure time? Will the indentations go away? Or
will they have to come back and put another layer of blacktop down to
give me a smooth driveway?