Posted to alt.home.repair
MH MH is offline

Default House painting\priming

What do you mean by bear spots? Bad damage?
wrote in message
oups.com...

MH wrote:
My house needs painting and I am being told that I need 2 coats of paint
without priming. The walls are in OK condition, 25 years old that were
initially primed and painted twice over the years with Benjamin Moore

Satin
impervo. He will use the same paint again. I have peeling around AC

ducts on
the ceiling. Do I need to insist on priming again? Looking forward to

all of
your opinions.

Peeling at A/C grills is probably due to seating of uninsulated duct or
boot.
Have those areas insulated * carefully * .
If you have no bear spots, and are using the same paint, prime coat is
probably not needed.
Two coats may be for coverage if you are changing color.
Paint formulas change over time, so the quality of the paint may have
changed since you last used it.
TB