Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] andrew.taylor@cantab.net is offline

Default aaargh - washing machine input hose come out of fitment

Steve Walker wrote:
wrote:
While I was moving my washing machine the input hose pulled out
of the fitment where it goes into the machine. Cue several dozens
of gallons of water over the kitchen floor... But now I can't get
the fitment back over the hose - it's one of those screw-on
things that holds the end of the hose against a rubber washer on
the machine.
It must have got through the hole on the way out, but there's no
give on the fitment to let me push it back over the hose, and I
don't want to risk breaking anything by pushing too hard or
bashing it with anything... Any advice please?

Can never be trusted again - replace it.

Makes sense Thanks for the quick response.