Posted to alt.home.repair
JGolan JGolan is offline

Default Grounding wire missing?

I suspect that you purchased wire for low voltage lighting and you have
a 120V light. Get the correct wire for direct burial 120V
John wrote:
I bought some wire marked as groundwire. It's the sort of thick black wire used
to set up outdoor lights. And that is what am planning to do. I noticed that
there is no grounding wire - there's just hot and neutral. The outdoor lights
I've bought have connection inside the lightpole for hot, neutral and ground.
What do I do with the ground connection? Perhaps this is a stupid question since
all the wires go to the ground after all?