Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 12:53:49 +0100 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

Note that the UK got very little exports out of nuclear. There was
hardly an export success to justify the policy.

I don't think that that particularly matters.

That's not what the nuclear lobby said in the past. Exports were
going to help pay for the whole thing.

However, since they are now talking of importing the knowledge they
have played their past pronouncements down.

It is interesting that some think that foreign wind turbine
engineering is suspect but not foreign nuclear reactors.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh