Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Kitchen counter height

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006, Robert Gammon wrote:

Garnite is appealing for all countertops, but staining can be issue that
tilts the decision towards an engineered surface (Silestone, Xodiac,
Corian, and the like)

I have used daily both granite (a ruby/imperial red) and glacier white
Corian. I'll take the Corian any day. But Corian doesn't impress anybody.
Granite does. White Corian glows when your down spots and under cabinet
lights are on. It doesn't stain. It doesn't chip, but can scratch. It is
easy to keep clean. It has resiliency, so you can slam things down and
something dropped may not break. And you always know where any dirt is, or
where all those little bits of broccoli are.

Island at 32 inches makes alot of sense

Tables are 30. If you plan to sit at the island maybe even lower.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).