Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers ameijers is offline

Default Goodbye Copper, Hello Pex and Aluminum

wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 19:46:07 GMT, "ameijers"
wrote:

(snip)

But to the question at hand- nothing but copper for household wiring and
potable water supply side. PVC is okay for drains. Haven't ever used PEX-

understand it is popular in Europe- but it has a bad rep in this country
from the cheap crap they put in trailers, er, 'manufactured housing', for
several years.

I believe you may have polybutylene and pex confused. Pex seems
totally different than PB.
I believe pex has around 30 years service in Europe. Many contractors
going with pex now as the "copper recyclers" will break out the
drywall to get the copper plumbing and wiring.

I do believe you are right- I drive a desk these days, and those old
acronyms run together in the mists of memory. I'm old fashioned- I like
copper.

aem sends...