Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default odd wiring map and GCFI

It's a little unclear what you mean by outlets connected to two breakers. In
the U.S., the NEC requires a minimum of two 20 amp circuits for kitchen
counter outlets, which also must be GFCI protected. Bathrooms require 20 amp
GFCI protected circuits for outlets, but can not be on a common circuit with
kitchen outlets

"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
news
My breaker panel has three breakers labeled "lights and outlets",
presumably by the builders.

Today I went to map which switches and outlets are connected to which
breaker. I stuck colored dots (blue, red, yellow) on each breaker,
and then stuck corresponding colored dots on each switch and outlet.
One circuit (yellow) has a GCFI, with outlets in the hall bath and
master bath.

What I found is that several outlets in the kitchen and dining area
are live on both the blue and yellow circuit.

Is it common to have outlets connected to two breakers? Especially
with one of the common breakers GCFI-protected?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks a heap
-Zz