Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Old plumbing that won't unscrew

Mulan wrote:
I am trying to get the plug out of an old cast iron drain and it is
stuck solid I have tried WD 40 and it didn't work. Someone else
suggested CLR but I wanted to check here first. The last think I need
is a broken old cast iron drain leaking sewer gas into the house. Any
ideas?

Also there is galvanized pipe I need to connect to and they won't come
part either.

Please don't tell me this is a case where I have to cut into the old
line and make some kind of a joint. It is very hard to reach.

WD-40 is not really a penetrating oil. Try using "Liquid Wrench" instead.

Get a longer wrench. Or put a cheater pipe on the one you're using.

Bob