Posted to alt.home.repair
The Other Funk The Other Funk is offline

Default Electrician hourly rates

"Tom Horne, Electrician" wrote in message
nk.net...
Bob ( who wonders if all the people working on the telephonesare
licensed? ringtone = 45AC)

Bob
Open circuit line voltage; i.e. talk battery; on analog Plain Old
Telephone Service (POTS) is forty eight volts DC. Ringing current is
ninety volts, twenty hertz, AC.

There is not one jurisdiction in the US that requires permits for the
public utilities to install telephone wiring because the work is regulated
by your states public utilities commission; which is known by many
different names from state to state.
--
Tom Horne

for general use." Thomas Alva Edison

Thanks Tom. You are right that the ring tone is 90 V. Some how I
remembered it wrong.
In a certain boro that will remain unnamed, I was told explictly that I
could not do my own telephone or satelite TV. The building inspector doesn't
work weekends but I do.
The "law" that prohibits DIY wiring is a state law. Thats why I wondered
about the telco. My last job required wiring a lot more then 12V and I don't
have a license. We used to laugh about it.
Bob
--
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times
www.moondoggiecoffee.com