Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default repairing weathered plywood siding

Plywood will not look good nor last long with that type of repair, it should
be replaced with something similar or covered with something else.

"Wrong Attitude" wrote in message
news
My house has plywood siding that is badly weathered. It is T-111 textured
surface plywood. In a few places the top layer in the plywood is starting
to blister and delaminate. It needs attention very soon. I think I can
tack or staple the blistered layer down using stainless steel staples or
tiny stainless nails, and then brush it clean and paint it. Maybe I
should
try to squirt something like caulk under the loose wood before I nail it
down. To do that I would need an applicator that dispenses just tiny bits
of caulk.

Does anyone here have experience repairing plywood siding? I would like
know your thoughts on the subject.

TIA Bill S.