Posted to alt.home.repair
Frankly Frankly is offline

Default worlds slowest ceiling fan.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Frankly wrote:

Google: Ceiling + fan + slow = 2,740,000 hits. I've reviewed them
all and concluded:

Bad capacitor.
http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...-and-FAQ.php#4

i did that search and came up with the bad capacitor. i hope it is
located in the reciever for the remote because that is what they are
sending
me. tech support for hunter suck and the wire diagrams on both the web
site and in the box do not match the wires I have.
so i guess i can leave the wires the way they are and hope this
capacitor is located within the remotes reciever.

Unless the fan's motor is inside the remote control, I don't think you'll
find the capacitor there.

they are actually sending me the receiver that sits in the fan.
its not that I had an idea of what was wrong when I was talking to her (
hunters tech support)
I just didn't get the feeling she was going to get it right. and couldnt
see how it could be the receiver that was doing this.
I did get 2 of these fans and going to install the other one in the bedroom
tomorrow.
I should have just came here. i will call their tech support again and
mention the capacitor to them.
i am sure if i hand them the answer they will send me the right part.
thank you again.

Frank