Posted to alt.home.repair
Ether Jones Ether Jones is offline

Default TSP - yes or no ???

m Ransley wrote:

I dought any manufacturer of regular paint says dont use Tsp, and you cant of course remember who said it.

No, I can't, but I've still got some more paint shopping to do, and
I'll keep an eye out for it. I'll post the specific brand and product
name if I come across it again.

Tsp will only affect gloss if not thoroughly rinsed.

I doubt the correctness of this statement. Everything else I have read
indicates that TSP affects the paint's adhesion, and can result and
premature paint failure and blistering.

Mill glase, now you worry to much.

Mill glaze apparently is a big issue for stains. Maybe not so much for
paints?