Posted to uk.d-i-y
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default OT wheelie bin pollution rant

"Mary Fisher" typed

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I reckon that different companies have different methods and even
targets.
Our recyclable stuff is sorted (used to be by hand, might still be) at a
cetnral point, foil is too small to pick up in thick gloves. We don't
have
much but it irks to put it in landfill.

http://www.skipweasel.pwp.blueyonder...es/recycle.gif

This is what our kerbside collection allows/refuses.

Interesting. The recycle one must be hand sorted - so why do they allow
glass?

Mary

Probably because it's heavy and recycling targets are % weight recycled.
Brent also takes glass.
Our rules are similar, but we can put food waste into our compost bins.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.