Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon Robert Gammon is offline

Default Kitchen counter height

MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC wrote:
If I
ever re-do the counters, I will have to figure out some solution
because I don't want to go to 36".

There are a few dishwashers a bit shorter than standard (some models
from Fisher & Paykel, for example) - I don't know exactly how much
shorter, but I do know that it's enough to occassionally get kitchen
remodelers out of a jam when someone tiles into the dishwasher space
over an existing floor.

Michael Thomas
Paragon Home Inspecton, LLC, Chicago, IL
mdtATparagoninspectsDOTcom

The Fisher & Paykel Double Dish Drawers are 30.25 inches in height, so
they need a cabinet that is roughly 30.5 inches from floor to base of
countertop or roughly 32 inches for 3cm thick counters.

EneryStar rated, most of the Dish Drawers do the job with only about 2.4
gallons of water.

Selecting a single Dish Drawer (or two single dish drawers, one each
flanking the sink), makes the unit only a shade over 16 inches tall, so
with adequate protection from water leaks, storage space could sit
underneath each and still fit a 32-33 inch tall counter height.