Posted to alt.home.repair
JDL JDL is offline

Default DIY store IDJITS!

wrote in
oups.com:

Their all a bunch of dim bulbs over at GE.

You can thank Mr.Bob Nardelli, HD's current CEO for that. Back when
Arthur Blank and Bernie Marcus ran it, the aisles were filled with
tradespeople who knew their stuff-- plumbers, electricians,
carpenters. Since Nardelli took over, he fired all the knowledgeable
people to save money and put one former burger flipper in every three
aisles.

That's his ideas of how to run a retail business-- I think he knows
zip, zero, nada. What can you expect from a guy who came from GE. I
guess he knows all about how to manufacture railroad locomotives, jet
engines and refrigerators though.

That's how large companies are ran these days. All they care about are
the bottom line expense figures on some spreadsheet program. All they
care about are raw numbers. But they're hurting their future sales
figures. Customers will gradually head back to Lowe's or to their local
mom and pop hardware store (ours is owned by a former general
contractor). I prefer Lowe's over HD because it seems that Lowe's has
more employees, so you don't have to walk 2000 feet to find an employee
when you're trying to find a particular item. Plus Lowe's seems to have
better selection of items and is hardly ever out of stock.