Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Horne, Electrician Tom Horne, Electrician is offline

Default Electrician hourly rates

I see you had it done. I just want to add a few points. First, in NJ, you can not DIY. Somehow there has a law been passed that an work on a circuit over 12 volts must be done by a licensed electrician. Thus generating more income for more permits.
Also, electricians have to carry higher liability and workmen's comp. insurance.
Plus electricians often charge more for "small" jobs. This builds in the travel time.
I got this from an electrican doing some work for me. (buy a guy lunch and it's amazing what you can learn).
Since this is a rental unit, you are better off that you had it done. A good accountant should be able to show it as a capital improvement and cut down your taxes.
Bob ( who wonders if all the people working on the telephonesare licensed? ringtone = 45AC)

Bob
Open circuit line voltage; i.e. talk battery; on analog Plain Old
Telephone Service (POTS) is forty eight volts DC. Ringing current is
ninety volts, twenty hertz, AC.

There is not one jurisdiction in the US that requires permits for the
public utilities to install telephone wiring because the work is
regulated by your states public utilities commission; which is known by
many different names from state to state.
--
Tom Horne

for general use." Thomas Alva Edison