Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Stinky Recliner, how to take out the stink

I'd suggest a carpet cleaner, like Rinse N Vac. Spray, and the suck up
the wet solution. I've used that kind of thing on upholstery in the
past.

Hint: Spray it on, and then use a nylon scrub brush to scrub the
fabric. Then vacuum the solution out.

The chair will be wet for a couple days.

Febreze just added more stink. The solution is to rinse the stink out,
not add.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"ziggs" wrote in message
I've had a recliner for 10 years and it really stinks (probably
because of all of the oils in my skin that I leave behind over time).
Anyway, I sprayed it with Fabreeze and now it has that stinky Fabreeze
smell that makes me want to puke.

Is there anything that I can use or do that will stop the stink?