Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Tile over vinyl

As with so many materials, the problem is not sticking the ceramic
to the Vinyl/VCT. The problem is that you will have an expensive
and labor intensive floor that is at the mercy of how well the
other material is stuck to the subfloor and what the subfloor is.

For tile and marble questions I would highly recommend this site:
http://johnbridge.com/
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"shel" wrote in message
Question - can anyone help?
I am putting down a ceramic tile floor in the basement that has
two layers of glued down vinyl tiles over the concrete. Since
they existing flooring is tightly glued and undamaged, can I put
the ceramic tile over them or do I have to scrape the vinyl and
glue off first?
Thanks for any help you can give - Shel
shelperkins (at) cox.net