Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob G. Bob G. is offline

Default Drive belt on Craftsman riding mower keeps coming off

On 7 Jul 2006 21:53:48 -0700, "Greek"
wrote:

I have a 2000 Craftsman 16.5 HP Kohler with a 42 inch deck riding mower
that keeps losing the drive belt. The belt was replaced last season.
I purchased a new belt from Sears again this year and now it will not
stay on. All pulleys look tight and properly alligned and clear of any
obstruction but the belt will not stay on more than a couple of times
around the yard. I put it back on 3 times with no success. Any
suggestions?

My guess is the belt is not the correct size...too large !
or you really have not installed it correctly.....
Check the manuel for correct size of the belt....

Bob G.