Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Kitchen counter height

see "handicap accessible kitchens" searches and:
http://www.acessinc.com/handicap_kitchens.htm
Robert Gammon wrote:
36 inches is the standard height, although in some areas 42 inch high
counters are being installed.

The issue is that 36 inches is designed for the 'standard' American
male/female at 5 feet 8 to 5 feet 10 inches of height. My wife and I
are under 5 feet 6, she is 5 feet 2. 36 inch counters are simply TOO
high for our comfort.

We want to build a new house and I am looking for resources that can get
us 32 inch counter height, as that will be MUCH more comfortable for us

I don't care if this is a non-standard customization, I don't intend to
EVER sell this house.