Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeannot Jeannot is offline

Default Shallow well far from the garden: Pump location question

OK Lee, I understand that I may be optimistic, but just saying so is
not really helpful.

I understand equations, and that there is a relationship between flow
and suction power, so please entertain me as to how the numbers lead to
the conclusion.

As far as specs, please use the following: 898 GPM, 26' suction depth
and 140' maximum lift.

Thanks.

lee houston wrote:
"Jeannot" wrote in message
ups.com...
I dried my house deep well once while watering the garden, and did not
like it. (It is a big garden, and I also have about 40 fruit trees and
a raspberry field)

Sooo, I decided to try to use a well I found in the field. It is 3' in
diameter, 13 feet deep with water at 4.5' from the ground.

you're going to use an 800 GPM pump to draw from a 13' deep
well? i would sure run some pumping tests first. Sounds
overly optimistic without even considering that you want
to install the pump so far away and suck lots of air.

lee h