Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Conservatory CH Scheme

On 7 Jul 2006 08:01:12 -0700 someone who may be "tonkski"
wrote this:-

Hi, I'm replacing my existing drafty 30 year old conservatory with
something which might be worth heating. The current central heating
uses a Honeywell CM67 programmable thermostat. I plan to extend this
central heating into the conservatory with a couple of radiators and
put a motorised valve on this new leg of piping, connected to a simple
thermostat (set at comfortable rather than warm) that will shut the
valve when the conservatory is up to temperature (e.g. if it's sunny)
even if the rest of the house is still demanding heat.

For an intermittently used conservatory a good strategy is to be
able to warm it up rapidly a little before occupation. One option is
http://www.myson.co.uk/loline.htm

Ideally this should be connected to the boiler independently of
other heating circuits.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh