Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Kitchen counter height

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006, Robert Gammon wrote:

The issue is that 36 inches is designed for the 'standard' American
male/female at 5 feet 8 to 5 feet 10 inches of height.

I don't know about the 'standard,' but the average is 5' 5" for women and
5' 9" for men.

We want to build a new house and I am looking for resources that can get
us 32 inch counter height, as that will be MUCH more comfortable for us

Have you actually worked at a 32" counter for a length of time? How about
platforms at the places where you want to be higher? Your stove and
dishwasher are still going to be at the 36" height.

I don't care if this is a non-standard customization, I don't intend to
EVER sell this house.

So then your estate gets screwed.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).