Posted to alt.home.repair
ET1742 ET1742 is offline

Default Electrician hourly rates

"PipeDown" wrote in message
.net...

Consider also that a given electrician may not actually be able to find 40
hours a week of work all year round. Or that a company cannot keep all of
its technicians on site all of the time.

It seems electricians cost a bit more than plumbers and the going rate in
San Jose is $100 for them.

$175 for the first two hours is high but acceptable. If he had to do lots
of work or wanted to charge that for an assistant too, then I would put
the brakes on. As long as he is not charging for travel at that rate it
might be OK also. If you live far from his office, he might build the
transit and setup time into the hourly on site rate. Consider what it
costs to fill the tank on a F250 or F350 work truck, it aint cheap.

Thanks. His office/business is located about a block and a half from my
house and less than 2 1/2 miles from the job site.

If his charge was $100/hour, I could understand that.