Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] nra2857@gmail.com is offline

Default Vertical line on Plasma

Hello,

Thought I'd post this question here to hopefully gain more knowledge on
what this problem can be before I have the repairman show up. I always
like to be a little knowledable about a problem before I speak with a
repairman.

So... I have a Sony KE32-TS2 Plasma television which a few weeks ago
developed a single row of vertical pixels that first was only visible
when the screen was blue. The pixels seemed to be greenish-grey in
color and went from the top of the screen to the bottom, all in a row.
Today it seemed to get worse and is now happening with other colors as
well.

Any ideas what would cause this? I am assuming this is covered under
my extended warantee, but wanted to see what you all thought before
they arrive.

Thanks in advance for your help.