Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
sifugreg sifugreg is offline

Default Woodfast Upgrade

I have one of the original WoodFast lathes. Recently I traveled and
worked with several woodturners in the Pacific Northwest and in my
travels I came across two different Variable Speed versions of my same
belt drive motor. One had a large digital controller, the other a
simple spped control knob. Both lathes performed well but neither
owner could remember where they purchased their kit. Obviously I'd
have to replace the motor as mine runs on 110VAC but it performs well.
Where can I get a simple, reliable varialble speed kit that won't break
the bank for this lathe?