Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water stays in AC condensate pan (mildew odor)

AND .. .. those very same tablets have been known to eat right thru a
galvanized drain pan .. .. shim it some more 'till it drains to your
satisfaction .. .. it will do absolutely no harm .. .. the pan's only
purpose is to collect the condensate and route it to the drain.

Frank K. wrote:
When my daughter had an AC installed, the guy gave her some
slow dissolving bleach tablets to put in the condensate pan
a couple times a season. They fit through the drain fitting.
Toilet bleach tablets like Clorox would also work if you
have access to the pan.

"m Ransley" wrote in message

Is this a window unit , new units I thought were designed
to hold water,
it makes them more efficient splashing the water up onto
the coil. If it
has a drain clean it so it drains, spraying laundry bleach
will kill
mold if that is what it is.