Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Goodbye Copper, Hello Pex and Aluminum

wrote:

Wonder what would happen if I wired an electric fence box to the
fence.......that would be worth seeing.

JD

someone would sue you.

people are stealing copper gutters and downspouts off homes.........

And the Boston Globe reported a wew weeks ago that a lot of bronze
plaques are disappearing from monuments all over our area.

I attended a funeral at a huge cemetary last monday and couldn't help
noticing that the grave markers were all the "flush with the ground"
ones each having a pretty fair sized bronze plaque on it. I wonder how
long before those start "growing legs" too. (Why did it take me until
just a couple of years ago to realize they went to those ground level
grave markers because mowing the grass is so much easier that way?)

On another newsgroup someone was asking for a way to separate solid
copper pennies from the copper plated zinc ones, because there's far
more than a penny's worth of copper in the solid copper ones.

My kid was given permission to take away some old romex and some heavier
gauge copper wire from a plant rewiring job where he works. He took a
tangled mess of it maybe three cubic feet in volume to a local scrap
metal dealer and came home happy as a pig in s**t with nearly a hundred
bucks in his wallet. I hope his bosses never catch on to what they gave
away. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia