Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend Scott Townsend is offline

Default 3" or 4" line to Septic Tank?

We are in the Process of installing a new Septic Tank and wanted people's
opinions on if I should have a 3" line to the Tank or a 4" line to the tank?

I've heard that the 3" is 1/4" per foot Drop and with the steeper sides
allows the solids to be carried away easier with less liquid. Clogs a bit
more then a 4"

I'm heard that the 4" is 1/8" per foot Drop. With the shallower sides it
would allow the liquid to run away from the solids much faster and would
hardly ever clog.

So it seems like there are plusses and minuses to both. I'm going about 80'
from the house to the tank and have the 1/4" drop that I would need for 4"

Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks!