Posted to alt.home.repair
The Other Funk The Other Funk is offline

Default Electrician hourly rates

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"The Other Funk" wrote in message

I see you had it done. I just want to add a few points. First, in NJ,
you can not DIY. Somehow there has a law been passed that an work on a
circuit over 12 volts must be done by a licensed electrician. Thus
generating more income for more permits.

This is true in most communities; same with plumbing. People do take
heed, of course. That is why you never see electrical or plumbing supplies
sold in the big chain stores like Lowes and Home Dept.

A little tounge in cheek there, Edwin?
I re-wired my 220v 30 amp hot tub myself. All HD parts including wire. Of
course I have run more wire the most 20 something electricians and higher
then 220v. Like I said, more permits = $. This is probably the 2nd most
broken law in NJ, right after speed limits.
Bob
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times
www.moondoggiecoffee.com