Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Thermocoupler won't stay lit

I'm assuming you mean the pilot. The only times I've had that problem
was windy days with insufficient baffling in the chimney pipe, and when
I had a bad thermocouple, but that usually prevents lighting it at all.

CJ wrote:
I live in the mountains of NM. We have gotten about 4-5 inches of rain in
the past 3 days. Yesterday my gas water heater stopped staying lit. I relit
it last night and it was out again this morning.

Can an extreme humidity make the thermocoupler keep going out?