Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV RayV is offline

Default Ipe Decking - Are these clips ok?

russ wrote:
Hi,

I'm having an Ipe deck installed on the 24/7 and I want to use a hidden
clip system. I have looked at the EbTy but here in the UK they are
£120 ($200) for a box of 100.

I have found another type of clip distributed here
(http://www.deckingclipenterprises.com/clips.htm)

but wondered if this would work with Ipe. They say it's suitable for
all hardwood but I have heard Ipe is too dense for this type of system.

Any advice would be great

Cheers

Russ

I wonder if this would work with Trex or similar plastic boards. They
are pretty flexible and would probably sag between the clips making the
'boards' look as though they cupped.