Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tools for grown-ups

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
Possibly because the screwdrivers could be classed as 'stabbing'
implements - i.e. knives. The recent 'Knife amnesty' was intended to
take all dangerous knives out of circulation.

That'll be it, for sure.

I hope everyone here took their screwdrivers down to the nick to hand in?

A guy I work with - a props man - driving home after work work was
stopped and subsequently arrested, for wearing a Leatherman in his belt,
along with a torch and pack holding tape and scissors. He was held at a
local police station for 5 hours before being released with no charge.
Seems it was the locking blade on the Leatherman that caused the problem.
I and many of my colleagues also carry them too and from work - although
mine doesn't have a locking blade. Wonder if he had been white rather than
black if the outcome would have been the same?

--
*We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.