Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek ^ Derek ^ is offline

Default Misted double glazing

On 7 Jul 2006 10:09:56 -0700, "normanwisdom"
wrote:

SWW wrote:
Some of our double glazed windows are misted up between the panels. As a
short term solution (while we get the money together to replace them) is
there any way to demist them so we can see out ??? Someone suggested
drilling two holes in the corner of the panes and extracting the "wet
air" with a vacuum cleaner. Don't know how I would drill glass though
?

This is what happens to ALL dg units in time - it can't not happen as
the joints rely on flexibility which eventually is lost - seals break
and air starts leaking in/out as pressure changes.
The only answer is to replace them but it will happen again. Or put in
single glazing which in the long term is far more cost effective (or
less cost ineffective) than DG.

That's all true.

Do like we do. If it's only noticeable if the sun shines from a
certain angle, or if there is a particular temperature gradient
between inside /outside, etc ...

Just live with it.

DG