Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] wilcoj@hotmail.com is offline

Default Water stays in AC condensate pan (mildew odor)

m Ransley wrote:
Is this a window unit , new units I thought were designed to hold water,
it makes them more efficient splashing the water up onto the coil. If it
has a drain clean it so it drains, spraying laundry bleach will kill
mold if that is what it is.

This is an indoor unit, the compressor parts are located outdoors, and
the coils are inside where air is sucked up from the bottom, through
the coils, and then to the vents. The pan is sort of like a square
shape with the center allowing airflow.

The problem is the maintenance guy flushed the drain and cleared the
enterance to it, but because of how the hole and pvc attach to the side
of the pan, there is a certain amount that will never drain. The pan
is designed to be mounted horizontally. I already had him try shiming
it slightly in the rear but it hasnt been enough to get rid of the 1/6"
deep pool.