Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Contract fell thru - need advice

wrote in message
ups.com...
It turns out the contractor we hired to paint our house is unreliable.
He managed to get the primer on and some of the trim. The problem is
that the can states that the top coat must be put on within 30 days. Is
it absolutely necessary to stick to 30 days time limit? What would
happen if it is 1 or 2 weeks over?

Paint can oxidize over time. The 30 days will vary depending on weather,
exposure, how good the bas is, etc. Hard to say, but you can have from 30
to 130 days with no adverse effects.

I had a spot that I primed and never got to paint until the following year
and it was and still is OK.