Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default OT wheelie bin pollution rant

"Dave" wrote in message
Is it just me that find wheelie bins noise-polluters?
Hard rubber wheels. and lids that crash down (usually because people
either slam
them closed or leave them go from a height).
We have two collections a weeks and the circus begins with

Noise session 1
People (like me) put the bin out the night before (I DO wheel it slowly so
is
quiet, and I DO put the lid down so it doesn't SLAM)

So it's not the bins per se you object to - it's the users?

I agree that people should be more responsible about noise production.

Some people drive quietly or listen to tv quietly, others don'tl You can't
blame the cars or sets for the noise.

Mary