Posted to misc.consumers.house
needhelp needhelp is offline

Default Flashing question

We are in the process of building a new home and our General Contractor
has run away with our money. We are trying to move the construction
forward ourselves and have run into a snag. In addition to being a
thief, he was apparently incompetent. He built a chimney for the
fireplace and per code, made it 4 ft. higher than the house but forgot
to flash. I am hiring a new roofer and a mason and they are telling me
that the chimney above the roof line needs to be cut and then re-built
in order to be properly flashed. Is that true? Can anything else be
done? THe CHimney runs along the back of the house and meets the house
in the middle of a reverse gable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.