Posted to alt.home.repair
swatts swatts is offline

Default Strange sprinkler installation.

Most sprinkler systems I've seen or dealt with have T's installed in
the lateral PVC lines with the opening pointing up and the sprinkler
heads screwed into that.

I just dug up part of my sprinkler system as I want to move a few
sprinklers to add a patio. The way the builder put in the sprinklers
(pop-ups) was with the a threaded T opening to the side, an L-shaped
adapter screwed in with about a foot of black flex tubing running
(parallel to the white PVC pipe) to a vertically oriented L joint and
the sprinkler head screwed into that.

Is this a very good installation method? A very bad one? Or just a
strange way of doing it? One plus is that it would seem to allow for a
lot more flexibility in placing individual sprinklers. It would also
seem to cost more for a new install and this builder was not known for
spending on quality, to be diplomatic, hence my consternation..

TIA