Posted to uk.d-i-y
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

David Hansen typed

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:16:36 +0100 someone who may be Helen Deborah
Vecht wrote this:-

The point is that my lights are satisfactory, if wasteful of electricity.

I won't do anything unless I get a marked improvement of some sort.

One of the marked improvements is that your electricity meter will
spin round less, or the red light will not flash so often if it is a
relatively new meter.

Given my disabilities, I don't think I can replace my hall lamp fitting
for less than about £100.

How long would it take for me to recoup that expenditure? (Currently
120w, maybe 6 hours/day. New fitting maybe 20w or so) We are talking
several years if it saves 10p per day, aren't we?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.