Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Craftsman mower won't stay running

"David Efflandt" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 20:01:53 GMT, John Lawrence wrote:
It still sounds like a fuel delivery problem. It runs when you use the prime
bulb. It will not stay running when the prime is burned. I would suggest
that the carb is gummed up and needs to be cleaned. You should also invest
in a carb. kit.

Could be. I got a Sears mower with my house in 2002 and it ran fine for a
several years, but this year it will prime, but not stay running. One
problem is that there is no fuel shutoff, so you cannot run it dry when
finished. Gas in the carb probably evaporates leaving residue that gums
up the carb eventually. But no fuel shutoff also makes it hard to clean
the carb when you have a full tank of gas.

Running them dry is something I do only at the end of the season. It doesn't
seem to be a problem when used regularly.

Bob