Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Central heating boilers. What make?

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 21:10:41 +0100, Willi wrote:

Hello
This is probably an imposable question to answer, but I'll ask anyway.
I will be moving to a house that has no central heating (apart from warm air
which I will be taking out).
What I was needing to know is, What is a decent make of boiler these days? I
was thinking along the lines of Potterton/Ideal/Glow worm?
I will be looking for wall hung, condensing, good efficiency. Not Combi, for
a 4 bedroom house. vented fully pumped system.
Any clue to a good make/model/range to start looking at. I think I would be
prepared to spend about £1000 for a good reliable boiler.
Regards, Will

Worcester-Bosch & Vaillant have good reputations for reasonably-priced
kit

Gloworm & Ideal may also be OK

Potterton/Baxi have ground to make up on their reputation from past
products (and the way they've handled problems with them) so, other
things being equal, I'd avoid them.

For general criteria see Ed's boiler choice FAQ