Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default fibreglass entry door

I own a home that has a wooden front door that is not the standard 80"
height. I have had to strip and paint this door every few years and am
tired of it. I would like to replace this with a fibreglass door.
However, I would have to order a special size door and this would run
over $700.00. I cannot resize the rough opening due to the fact that the
house is a cement block construction. Why it was built without standard
size doors is anybody's guess. What I would like to know is, is it
possible to get a standard size 36x80 fibreglass door and cut 2" off of
the length? Meaning 1" off of both ends. Would it be that detrimental to
the structure of the door. Any help would be greatly appreciated!