Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dtlofton@hotmail.com is offline

Default need traction on a deck ramp

I have a recently constructed deck with a ramp. I used a clear sealer
on the entire deck, and the ramp is now very slippery. From the posts
I've read, it seems I have two options: (1) broadcast some sand on wet
sealer, let it dry, and then put on another coat of sealer, or (2)
apply non-slip adhesive strips. With the sand approach, I'm wondering
how it will hold up, how will it look, and how well will it work - and
when it is time to re-seal, I assume I'll need to put down more sand -
will this sand-on-sand accumulation cause problems? With the adhesive
strip solution, I'm concerned about them not adhering. I've seen many
discussions concerning solutions for painted decks, but none for decks
sealed with a clear sealer. Does anyone out there have a solution
which worked for them? Thanks.

-DT