Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Mitsubishi TV snowy picture (WS-65313)

The most common cause for your description is a failed tuner, or a
failure in the AGC circuits. The reason for the pix coming back for
while, is probably the failed part could be intermittant before
complete failure, or it is possible that there is a bad solder
connection.

Jerry G.
=====

wrote:
Hello, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to assist me
with a TV problem. About 7 days ago my Mitsubishi (WS-65313) got a
snowy picture...you can see colors and vaguely make out the TV
show...it is not simply black and white. My wife said that the kids
were playing with the remote control. So I browsed through the
setting's for about 45 minutes and magically the picture came back.
Yesterday this happened again and the kids were playing with the
remote. However after a few hours of trying to fix I gave up. Not
sure if it's a coincidence that this happened when the kids happened to
be playing with the remote or if something is really wrong with the
TV...bad tuner? I resetted the TV to factory default settings (menu -
123) and still no dice. I may simply be missing something simple that
was changed and was wondering if anyone had any ideas before I call the
TV repair person. The DVD player's picture is perfect and the sound
from the DVD and TV is perfect also. Thanks