Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default The mulberry wood

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 16:08:47 -0400, "Kevin" wrote:

Thanks to all who answered my questions about mulberry a couple weeks ago.
I've turned a few bowls and noticed that the yellow seems to disappear
fairly quickly. Is this the way of this wood? Not that I mind all that
much as free wood is good wood and some of the grain patterns have been
rather attractive.

Not in my experience, Kevin... but there are probably several types of
mulberry..

The ones that I've turned recently are the same yellow and white as the ones
that I turned in may and june, and the branches aren't sealed or anything, just
sitting out in the *$!&#^ sun..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis