Chris Nellist

Default thin (3.5mm) wood for making small (e.g. 30mm) tiles?

"BigWallop" wrote in
:

"Chris Nellist" wrote
in message ...
Hi, I'd be grateful for advice as to what kind of wood I would need
(and where to get it) for making tiles for a game. They have got to
be about 3.5 mm thick and would be similar to shop-bought tiles I
have got, e.g. in the shape of half a 35mm square cut along the
diagonal. The ones I have got are very strong, I've had them decades
and never broken one - you would really need to 'give it some' if you
wanted to snap one! I am not sure what kind of wood they are,
whatever it is it's quite lightweight.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Are you sure they are wood and not resin cast to shape in wooden mould
which would give the surface a wood effect finish.

Yes - one or two have been chewed and they are definitely wood. They are
quite old - maybe 30 years old.

Something like
this stuff:

http://www.hobbicraft.co.uk/acatalog...e_Resin_9.html

which is used for modelling and craft works. It is light weight and
can be coloured to any shade or effect you need.

Cheers for this. I might give it a go but would prefer to get a wood sheet
or strips.

Chris