Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

David Hansen wrote:

No need to. I have designed, installed and maintained all sorts of
heating systems in all sorts of buildings.

More importantly I have written computer software to model such
things. If anyone thinks they understand something trying to model
it on a computer will soon indicate whether they really do
understand it. One bit of software worked out the angle of the sun
to the windows, so that the amount of sunlight falling on the floor
could be followed across the floor and thus the heat gain worked
out. Yes, the software did allow for the heat emitted by humans and
gadgets.

Have you ever contemplated writing a bit of software that monitors a
few temp sensors in a house and controls a few fans in order to
maximise temp gain during spring/autumn and cool the house in summer?
Its certainly needed.

Small heat gains and largish cooling can be done this way with low
equipment cost and even lower energy use. Happy to give you more
details if you like, though I presume you know the strategies I mean.

NT