Posted to rec.woodworking
Pop Pop is offline

Default wont start

You said you had power "to the switch": How about "From the
switch?" Does the switch actually work?

Motor reset button?
Fuse hidden away somewhere?
Power AT the leads going into the motor? They're usually
accessible under a power plate.
If power is going into the motor and there is no reset, then
the motor is likely the culprit. Centrifugal switch, dirt in
contacts, etc. Probably not capacitors since you said it's
completely silent.
WAS it knwon to be running originally?

HTH
Pop

wrote:
I inherited a Sears Radial arm saw from my father who had
passed away. It looks like a great saw the only problem is
that it wont start. I have checked the plugs and power is
going to the saw even to the switch. But from that point
nothing happens no sound, no motion, nothing. Does anyone
have any idea how much it would cost to fix it? Or what I
can do to test it myself and fix it. Thanks

McGarren